For a full decade now, the moderators here at Giant Bomb have upheld a tradition unlike any other. This contest challenges anyone and everyone in the GB Community to create E3 banners that will be placed at the top of each press conference’s discussion thread in the forums. Whether you’re a Photoshop master or can’t find the color blue in MS Paint, you could win!
With E3 2019 about ten days away, it’s time to get those artistic juices flowin’ once again, y’all. As we all know, there have been some changes in regards to who’s going to E3 and who’s not, but that ain’t gonna stop us from making some jpegs (or gifs). So, read the rules carefully and start making beautiful, awesome, terrible, and/or funny stuff!
Firstly, each of the winners will each get a FREE MONTH of Giant Bomb Premium. If you are already a premium member, an extra month will be added to your current subscription.
Secondly, each winner will have VIP (BLUE) status in Giant Bomb chat throughout E3. This includes the press conferences (after you’ve won) and the live night shows. That means no cool-down for you! Just keep in mind that we will remove it if you abuse it.
- You can submit up to THREE banners for EACH press conference. So, if you’ve got multiple amazing and/or idiotic ideas for one company, have at it!
- Although you can submit many banners, you can only win ONCE. For example, if you win Microsoft, you are then ineligible for the remaining shows.
- All banners must be 650 x 150.
- In spite of @zombiepie, animated GIFs are still legal. 15MB limit.
- General forum rules apply (i.e. no NSFW stuff).
- Deadline is 7:00 PM EDT on Friday night, June 7th.
- While everyone is encouraged to discuss their favorites, winners are chosen only by the moderators.
Here are the details about when each conference is being held. Use these as you wish. Or don’t. Or use incorrect information if you want! It hasn’t stopped people from winning in the past.
Note: Yes, we know EA isn’t doing a press conference or showcase or briefing or whatever the hell they call these things nowadays. But, they’re streaming stuff, showing premiere gameplay footage, and presumably announcing things, so we want you to make stuff for a thread anyway.
EA Play 2019
- Saturday, June 8 – The Hollywood Palladium
Xbox E3 Briefing
- Sunday, June 9 @ 1:00 PM PDT – Microsoft Theater (Your Local Time)
The Bethesda E3 Showcase
- Sunday, June 9 @ 5:30 PM PDT (Your Local Time)
Ubisoft Live at E3
- Monday, June 10 @ 1:00 PM PDT – Orpheum Theater (Your Local Time)
Square Enix Live E3 2019
- Monday, June 10 @ 6:00 PM PDT (Your Local Time)
Nintendo Direct: E3 2019
- Tuesday, June 11 @ 9:00 AM PDT (Your Local Time)
It’s a Lockdown, Baby
Now you know the rules and all of the basic info you should probably include. So, get to photoshopping, drawing, or even photographing! There’s a template above if you need a visual aid. And, if you need some inspiration, just check out all of the PAST WINNERS.
Just remember. This is a contest. It’s really fuckin’ hard. But, you know what we gotta do?