Tencent has confirmed their plans for the start of PUBG Mobile Season 6, which looks set to begin later this week.
This will kick off with a new PUBG Mobile update, adding new content to the game, as well as the Season 6 Royale Pass.
Tencent has combined the first-anniversary celebration of PUBG Mobile with the launch of a new version of the game.
From what has been shared so far from the development team, the new PUBG Mobile update will be going live tomorrow, March 20.
This will be the catalyst for new content going live in-game, as well as the launch of the new Ranked Season and Royal Pass Season.
So this should provide some answers to when PUBG Mobile Season 6 will start on Android and iOS.
The good news is that Tencent will be pushing the update on March 20 without taking the servers offline.
That means that gamers should have to handle a lot less disruption over the coming hours.
As mentioned above, the new Ranked Season will be unlocked following the game being patched, meaning it will only be available in the new version.
The new update and Season 6 start date will also coincide with the anniversary celebrations, which includes birthday parties with fireworks on Spawn Island.
There will also be randomly-spawned cakes appearing during live matches that will contain a special surprise.
This week’s PUBG Mobile update will be followed by other changes, which are scheduled for release in April.
Here’s more form Tencent, who confirmed: “Subscription plans are also part of the update and will be available in early April.
“Plans include Prime and Prime Plus, which feature Royale Pass points, steep crate discounts, and more benefits.
Tencent will also be releasing new items in their latest building, including a new weapon to wild on the Vikendi map and a new vehicle.
“Additional items included in this version are the Vikendi-exclusive G36C rifle, which fires 5.56mm rounds and can be equipped with stocks,” the statement adds.
“A new vehicle in this update is the Tukshai, a three-wheeled bus that’s exclusive for the Sanhok desert-theme map area.”
It looks like there will be plenty of new stuff to enjoy over the coming weeks and plenty of news to share about updates in the future.
“PUBG MOBILE’s first year was a resounding success, with millions of players who have flocked to its great gameplay,” said Vincent Wang, General Manager of Global Publishing Department, Tencent Games.
“We’ve developed some fantastic partnerships with Resident Evil: 2 and Mission Impossible, which give our player’s even more ways to enjoy the game.
“This new version’s launch is just the latest example of our player-focused approach where we introduce amazing new features frequently.
“We continually innovate and improve to produce the world’s best mobile game experience and have more surprises in store in the coming weeks to commemorate this anniversary.”
Tencent has shared early patch notes before the big release, which can be found below:
- Players can now view RP rankings of the entire region and your friends directly from the royale pass page.
- Elite Pass Plus purchase now has additional rewards besides instantly gaining 25 ranks.
- Weekly challenges now award more points. Point rewards can now be collected with just tap.
- Birthday parties on Spawn Island! Light fireworks and collect crates during matches.
- Open the collected crates after the match to get anniversary rewards.
- Find randomly spawned birthday cakes in matches for a surprise!
- Dynamic weather added to Erangel and Miramar.
- Added a new weapon: G36C rifle (Vikendi only). Fires 5.56mm rounds and can be equipped with stocks replaces SCAR-L in Vikendi. -Added a new Sanhok exclusive vehicle
- Tukshai a three-wheeled bus. This will replace the Jeep, Dacia and Mini Bus
- Subscriptions will be available in early April. There are two plans: Prime and Prime Plus. Both plans come with free daily UC, Royale Pass points, daily 80% discount on Crates, purchasing from the shop with BP and more. Benefits from both plans are stackable.
- When players don’t win items above a certain quality many times in a row at the Shop, they will earn vouchers instead. Relevant titles and achievements relating to bad luck have been added.