PS4 update 7.00 has been released today, with Sony rolling out the major PlayStation patch to gamers across the world.
The headline addition of PS4 system update 7.00 is the inclusion of Android remote play and an HDR calibration tool.
PS4 system update 7.00 weighs in at roughly 450MB and should be available on PlayStation servers now.
Alongside the release of PS4 update 7.00 it’s also been revealed that Facebook integration on the PS4 is no longer supported.
The news was revealed in an official post by Sony which said: “PlayStation 4’s share features will remain the same, except Facebook will no longer be offered as a destination to share screenshots, videos, music, trophy details, or links to gameplay broadcasts”.
“Users will no longer have the ability to link their Facebook account to their PlayStation Network account. This means Friends List features, such as adding friends from Facebook will be removed
“Profile pictures imported from Facebook will no longer be used. We recommend selecting a new picture for PlayStation friends to identify you”.
The change log for PS4 system update 7.00 was revealed in a post by Twisted Voxel.
You can find all the changes in the latest PS4 firmware patch below…
PS4 SYSTEM UPDATE 7.00 CHANGE LOG
The following changes have been made to(Party).
• The maximum number of people who can join a party has been increased from 8 to 16.
• Chat transcription has been added, and accessibility has been improved.
• While in a party, use (PS4 Second Screen) on your smartphone or other mobile device to convert party voice chat to text, or to enter text to have it read aloud to other party members. This feature works only in English and is available only on PS4 systems sold in certain regions.
• Network connectivity has been improved.
• Audio quality of voice chat has been improved.
• Remote Play can now be used on more devices. Besides Xperia devices, Remote Play can now be used on other smartphones and tablets running Android 5.0 or higher
• Download (PS4 Remote Play) from Google Play to use this feature.
• Additionally, for mobile devices running Android 10, you can now connect a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth for Remote Play.
Other updated features
• When using Remote Play on an iPhone or iPad, you can now do the following things. Select(Settings) on the Remote Play screen to switch to these settings.
• iPhone or iPad: The controller can now be displayed at all times.
• iPhone: You can now lock the screen orientation.
• You can now use a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth for Remote Play on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac
Update to the following OS to use this feature.
– iOS 13
– iPadOS 13
– macOS Catalina
• Some features, such as the touchpad and the vibration function, may not be available on the iPhone and iPad.
– Stay tuned to Express.co.uk for more PS4 news and Sony PlayStation updates