Mortal Kombat 11 fans are counting down to the release of the second DLC character Nightwolf.
Nightwolf – who first appeared as a playable character in Mortal Kombat 3 – has an August 13 release date on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.
The character will initially only be available to Kombat Pack 1 owners, before making his standalone debut on August 20.
There’s no word on an exact launch time, but previous downloadable character Shang Tsung was available from midnight local time.
Some fans had trouble downloading the character, so it’s worth manually checking the PlayStation/Xbox online stores if you can’t play as Nightwolf.
Kombat Pack 1 features six new and returning characters, including a couple of unannounced guest fighters.
Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Spawn and Sindel have all been confirmed for Kombat Pack 1, while Ash from Evil Dead and The Terminator are both rumoured.
Kombat Pack 1 owners can also grab seven gear sets and seven character skins, including Ninja Mime Johnny Cage.
Nightwolf, meanwhile, can fire arrows at his opponents, reflect projectiles and call on spirit animals such as a bear, eagle and wolf.
His light beam and shoulder tackle make a return, while his tomahawk can be used to cause huge damage when he gets close enough.
“Born as Grey Cloud, Nightwolf is a proud and fierce warrior dedicated to the cause of good and chosen by the Great Spirit to become the Matoka tribe’s champion and protector,” reads the official description.
You can check out the Nightwolf gameplay trailer below…
To help fans download new Kombat Pack 1 content, NetherRealm has put together a handy guide for PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch below…
How to download Kombat Pack Content on PlayStation 4
• Visit the Mortal Kombat 11 page on your PS4 Home Menu or Game Library
• Select the game and scroll down to the “PlayStation Store” section at the bottom
• From the “Your Add-ons” section you can manually download individual pieces of released content that you already own, including Nightwolf
• If the content you are looking for is not listed under “Your Add-ons”, you can scroll past this option in the “PlayStation Store” section of the Game Page and select “View All”
• Content that you are entitled to download for free but do not already own will be shown here with a cost listed as “Free”
• After selecting the content and starting the download, the content will be listed under “Your Add-ons” if you want to download it again in the future
How to download Kombat Pack Content on Xbox One
• Go to My Games and Apps
• Locate Mortal Kombat 11 and press Menu on your controller (the button with 3 lines on it)
• Select Manage Game
• Scroll all the way to the right on this menu to see what DLC is Ready to Install, then start the install for Nightwolf or the other pieces of released Kombat Pack content that you are trying to download
How to download Kombat Pack Content on Nintendo Switch
• From the Main Menu of your Nintendo Switch, locate the Mortal Kombat 11 game tile and press + on your controller
• Select Software Information > Nintendo eShop
• Scroll down to Downloadable Content and select View All Items
• Here you will see all owned DLC listed
• To download any of the DLC, select your Nintendo Switch Profile Image at the top-right of this screen to go to Account Information
• Under the Redownload section, any DLC or games you own that you have not-yet-downloaded content for will be listed
• You can tap the cloud icon next to Mortal Kombat 11, if listed, to download any DLC you own but have not yet downloaded to your system. This will automatically download any released Kombat Pack content, including Nightwolf