Fortnite fans can unlock a hidden Battle Star by completing all Season 8, Week 1 challenges.
Epic Games releases seven Battle Royale challenges each week. Three of the weekly challenges are available for free and the other four challenges are exclusive to Battle Pass users.
The challenges are also separated into hard and regular tiers of difficulty.
The hard difficulty Fortnite challenges net players ten Battle Stars, while the regular tasks reward fans with five Battle Stars.
Earning Battle Stars levels up your Battle Pass, which is how you unlock all of the rewards on offer.
Complete all seven challenges and you’ll unlock a secret loading screen as part of the Discovery challenges.
Within this loading screen is a clue to the location of a hidden Battle Star or Banner.
The Week 1 loading screen (above) celebrates the introduction of Pirate Camps to Fortnite.
The loading screen features a pirate on a ship with a map in his hands.
If you look closely at the image, you can see a Battle Star in the background of the image on top of a building. We’ve highlighted the Battle Star in the picture below.
Needless to say, this building can be found on top of the clock tower in Lazy Lagoon. We’ve marked it on the map below.
The Battle Star will only appear once you’ve completed all of the challenges and unlocked the loading screen.
Fortnite Season 8, Week 1 free challenges:
• Visit all Pirate Camps (7)
• Search Chests at Retail Row or Junk Junction (7)
• Stage 1 – Deal Damage with a Shotgun and an Explosive Weapon in a single match (2)
Fortnite Season 8, Week 1 Battle Pass challenges:
• Visit a giant face in the desert, the jungle, and the snow (3)
• Use a Volcano Vent in different matches (5)
• Get an elimination with a Shotgun, assault Rifle, and an Explosive Weapon (3)
• Deal Damage to a vehicle driven by an opponent (200)