Fortnite fans are working their way through the first batch of Season 9 challenges.
Epic Games releases seven Battle Royale challenges each week. Three of the weekly challenges are available for free and the other four challenges are exclusive to Battle Pass users.
The challenges are also separated into hard and regular tiers of difficulty.
The hard difficulty Fortnite challenges net players ten Battle Stars, while the regular tasks reward fans with five Battle Stars.
Earning Battle Stars levels up your Battle Pass, which is how you unlock all of the skins, emotes and items available with the Battle Pass.
If you complete all of the weekly challenges you’ll even unlock a special Fortnite loading screen containing a clue to another Battle Star or Banner.
The week 1 challenges incorporate some of the new features and points of interest in Fortnite.
Players will need to ride the Slipstream around different locations, and visit seven Sky Platforms.
Fortunately, as you can see from the map above, the Sky Platforms aren’t too difficult to find.
The Sky Platforms can be found dotted around the map, so it’s unlikely you’ll be able to complete the challenge in one game.
There’s one by the old volcano, another by Lazy Lagoon and one west of Shifty Shafts.
The Slipstream challenge is also pretty self-explanatory. Just drop down to Tilted, and enter the slipstream before hitting the ground.
The same goes for stage 2, only instead of dropping into Neo Tilted, you’ll need to land at the Mega Mall.
Fortnite Season 9, Week 1 FREE challenges…
• Stage 1 of 2: Ride the Slipstream around Neo Tilted (1)
– Stage 2 of 2: Ride the Slipstream around Mega Mall (1)
• Visit all Sky Platforms (7)
• Deal damage to an opponent within 10 seconds after using a Shadow Bomb (200)
Fortnite Season 9, Week 1 BATTLE PASS challenges…
• Pickup a Legendary Item in different matches (5)
• Search chests at Lucky Landing or Loot Lake (7)
• Scoped Weapon Eliminations (3)
• Stage 1 of 3: Deal damage to opponents from at least two stories above (300)
– Stage 2 of 3: Deal damage to opponents from at least four stories above (200)
– Stage 3 of 3: Deal damage to opponents from at least six stories above (100)