Fortnite developer Epic Games has released full update 9.20 patch notes for PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch.
Unusually for a content update, patch 9.21 launches during a period of server downtime maintenance, which takes place at 9am BST.
The server offline maintenance is expected to last for at least an hour, so expect the game to return between 10-11am in the UK.
As previously reported, the headline new feature is the introduction of the Proximity Grenade Launcher.
The new weapon fires an “arcing, bouncing, explosive projectile that explodes when in proximity of an opponent”.
It comes in Epic and Legendary Rarities, and can be found in Chests, Loot Carriers, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
Elsewhere, Epic Games has also announced plans to bring back the Horde Rush LTM.
“Fortnite Fiends are back on the island and angrier than ever!” a post reads.
“Fight alongside your teammates to rack up your score by finding hidden score multipliers, opening special loot chests, and eliminating as many monsters as you can. Traverse across the map, survive all of the Defend locations and take down the Final Boss to win!”
You can check out the full 9.21 update patch notes below…
LIMITED TIME MODE ROTATION:
One Shot Duos
• Low Gravity. Every player has 50 health. Sniper weapons are the only weapon, Bandages are the only healing item. Jump high and aim well!
• Fortnite Fiends are back on the island and angrier than ever! Fight alongside your teammates to rack up your score by finding hidden score multipliers, opening special loot chests, and eliminating as many monsters as you can. Traverse across the map, survive all of the Defend locations and take down the Final Boss to win!
• Four player Squad mode divided up into multiple stages.
• Prepare to defend an area by searching for weapons & items, scavenging materials, and building defenses.
• Rack up points by fighting Fiends, collecting score multipliers, and destroying Fiend Spawners.
• Recover from the battle and search for more equipment.
• Travel across the map to the next defense point.
• Respawning is enabled until the last stage when players have to destroy a Boss Fiend and his horde of minions.
• Keep an eye out for special loot chests, which contain powerful weapons & provide a scoring bonus.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
Proximity Grenade Launcher
• Fires an arcing, bouncing, explosive projectile that explodes when in proximity of an opponent.
• Available in Epic and Legendary Rarities.
• Found from Chests, Loot Carriers, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
• Uses Rocket Ammo.
• Holds 2 Explosive Rounds.
• Rate of Fire: 0.65 shots per second.
• Player Proximity Radius: 250 units (about half the width of a tile).
• Explosion Radius: 300 units (about 60% of the width of a tile).
• Explosion damage:
• Player: 67/70
• Environmental: 131/138
• Reload Speed: 2.8s/3s
• Projectiles explode automatically after 10s or if it has nearly come to a stop.
• Increased the availability from Chest loot from 11.3% to 12.09%
Small Shield Potion
• Increased the availability from Chest loot from 16.95% to 18.13%
• With items being added and removed, we’ve noticed that Shield Potions and Small Shields have been less available in Chests. So we’ve increased the chance to find Shields from Chests to compensate for that.
• Increased the overall chance to find from Floor loot from 8.50% to 9.77%
• After seeing the community’s feedback about Shotgun availability, we’ve increased the Shotgun availability from Floor Loot to make finding them in the early phases of the game easier.
Infantry Rifle Epic and Legendary variants
• Increased the availability from Floor loot from .067% to .105%
• Increased the availability from Chest loot from .414% to .645%
Heavy Assault Rifle Common variant
• Decreased the availability from Floor loot from 2.04% to 1.715%
• Decreased the availability from Chest loot from 12.47% to 10.46%
• Decreased the availability from floor loot from .59% to .46%
• Adjusted Storm Flip to cause flat damage instead of being based on which Storm Phase is currently active.
• Causes 5 damage every second.
• This change may not be immediately available at the time of release. It requires a server update and will become active at some point later in the day.
• We noticed with scaling damage that players held onto their Storm Flip later into matches, creating undesirable effects. This change gives players more value in using it earlier in matches.
• Reduced the availability from Chests from 3.39% to 1.69%
• Reduced the availability from Floor loot from 3.32% to 1.66%
• Added back into the Arena and Tournament playlists.
• We have visual effect changes coming in v9.30 that will help improve readability.
• Audio was sounding muffled due to a filter optimization issue.