The big September Clash Royale update has been released today following lengthy server maintenance.
But it appears a few issues have hit the download process for Android users, some of which are stuck waiting for the patch.
One user writes: “Android user… screen just keeps telling me that there is an update and to check back “in a short while”. lol.”
Another adds: “Same here, just tells me it’s updating to a newer version and to come back later.”
The good news is that the Clash Royale update devs are aware of the problems and are looking to fix things promptly.
A message from the team reads: “We’re currently having a few issues: Clans not showing for some players, Party mode not giving chests, Trophy visual bug (don’t worry, trophies are NOT won or lost!), Google Play Store not updating. We’re working to get these fixed for you as soon as possible.”
No ETA has been provided on how long this process will take and when the Clash Royale update will be available to everyone.
The patch itself is a big one and includes some UI changes and matchmaking tweaks.
As revealed before the September Clash Royale update went live, SuperCell has changed out the 2V2 button for a “Party Button”.
This doesn’t mean that 2V2 has been removed from the game, only that Clash Royale is trying to make it easier to play with friends in other game modes.
“The 2v2 button has been replaced with the Party button,” the team confirmed in new patch notes.
“The function of the Party button is simple. You hit the Party button, and you can play a variety of game modes solo or with friends!
“Alongside the regular 2v2 mode (2v2 IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE), there will be constantly rotating game modes in the Party button for you to play – they change every 48 hours – and you know what the best part is?”
Further details on what is included in today’s Clash Royale update for September 2019 can be found below:
SEPTEMBER 2019 CLASH ROYALE UPDATE
THE PARTY BUTTON
- The 2v2 button is no more! All hail the Party button!
Any match played from the Party button can give:
All with no risk of losing Trophies! Nice.
- 2v2 matchmaking is CHANGING.
- Any games played in the Party button will use new matchmaking, based on card levels & King levels.
- The Party button just became a great place to try out new decks!
NEW GAME MODE: TRIPLE DRAFT
It’s Draft – but you have more control over your deck building strategy! You get to choose all 8 of the cards that you use in the Battle. Choose from 3 cards, and also see what 3 cards your opponents choose from!
Triple Draft will be available in Friendly Battles – and we want to hear your feedback on it!
FREE EMOTE WITH SUPERCELL ID
- Sign up to Supercell ID in the Settings menu and get a free Emote!
- If you’ve already signed up to Supercell ID, the Emote will be added to your collection when you play the updated version of the game for the first time.
Tiebreakers are being introduced to Clash Royale. This means that draws will no longer exist in all modes except 1v1 Ladder.
CLAN LEADER ROTATION
- Inactive Clan Leaders will now have their Leader role to the longest serving Co-leader.
- This will happen after 35 days of inactivity (warning messages will be sent 14 days and 3 days before they are rotated).
- If there is no Co-leader, the Leader role will be given to the longest serving Elder.
- Enjoy Bomber Star Level 2, and Cannon Star Level 3!