Call of Duty fans can download a new Black Ops 4 update, which includes a brand new game mode.
As previously reported, the new Black Ops 4 update features a new Specialist named Spectre.
That’s on top of changes to the Blackout map, not to mention multiple new game modes.
According to the patch notes, the Hydro Dam area has been sabotaged and the map has flooded.
Alcatraz, on the other hand, has seen improvements to the gameplay flow and overall layout of the map.
But it’s the addition of the classic Prop Hunt game mode that has fans most excited.
Available from 6pm UK time later today (May 3) on PS4, Prop Hunt is kind of like hide and seek with guns, as one team disguises themselves as props throughout the map.
“We’re kicking off Operation Spectre Rising’s launch weekend with the debut of Prop Hunt on PS4 at 10AM PT!” reads a Treyarch post.
“If you’ve ever played this fan-favourite game mode before, you know the deal: one team scatters to their best hiding places disguised as props throughout the map while the other team hunts them down.”
The Black Ops 4 version equips hunters with an MX9 and Concussion grenade to sniff the enemies out.
The defending team, meanwhile, have one Concussion, three prop decoys and two prop changes.
“Props will have 30 seconds to hide at the start of the round, and will whistle every 20 seconds to give the Hunters a clue of where to search,” Treyarch continues.
“Each round lasts 4 minutes, or until every Prop is destroyed. Prop Hunt will be available on seven maps at launch: Seaside, Contraband, Militia, Frequency, Firing Range, Nuketown, Hacienda.”
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 update 1.17 patch notes:
• New Specialist: Spectre
• Black Ops Pass Multiplayer maps:
• New Game Mode: Prop Hunt (arriving Friday, May 3rd)
• Tuning changes for SMGs, Specialist, and Scorestreaks.
New Map Updates:
• Wetworks: Hydro Dam has been sabotaged and the map has flooded
• Alcatraz: Improvements to gameplay flow and layout
• New Game Mode: Bounty Hunter
• New Equipment: DART
• New Gauntlet: “Super Blood Wolf Moon”
• New Mystery Box Weapon: Tigershark LMG
• New Feature: Classic Elixir Restock
• New Customization Items:
• Death Effects
• Weapon Charms
• New Weapons:
• Tigershark LMG
• Nifo’Oti Melee Weapon
• New Mastercrafts, MKIIs & Camos
• New Specialist Outfits, War Paints, Gestures & Jump Packs