Nintendo has just been given 3.13 million reasons why Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 must be its top priority for Switch.
The new Legend of Zelda game was a surprise announcement at this year’s E3 conference.
There’s no word on a release date, although Nintendo has just been given extra incentive to develop the game as soon as possible.
In its latest sales report for the most recent financial quarter, Nintendo posted life-to-date figures for all of its Switch titles.
Two Legend of Zelda games are among the top ten best-selling Nintendo Switch games, including Link’s Awakening, which has only just launched.
A remake of the Game Boy release, The Legend of Zelda Link’s Awakening has sold an incredible 3.13 million units.
If it carries on at this rate, then it should easily outsell the likes of Super Mario Maker 2, Mario Party and perhaps even Splatoon 2.
Even more impressive is that the original Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has now racked up more than 14 million in sales.
With 19.01 million units sold, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best-selling Nintendo Switch game to date.
It’s followed by Super Smash Bros Ultimate with 15.71 million and Super Mario Odyssey with 15.38 million.
Things are also looking good for Pokemon Sword and Shield, which has a November 15 release date on Switch.
Last year’s Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee and Let’s Go Pikachu have sold a combined 11.28 million.
Expect even more sales for the upcoming release, which takes place in a brand new region and features a new generation of Pocket Monsters.
The full list of best-selling Nintendo Switch games can be seen below.
The best-selling Nintendo Switch games in full…
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 19.01 million
2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 15.71 million
3. Super Mario Odyssey – 15.38 million
4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 14.54 million
5. Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.28 million
6. Splatoon 2 – 9.28 million
7. Super Mario Party – 7.59 million
8. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 4.59 million
9. Super Mario Maker 2 – 3.93 million
10. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 3.13 million