This week’s shock Nintendo Direct was dedicated to the upcoming Nintendo Switch Pokemon games, which have been given a late 2019 release date.
The games will be set in the Galar region, which is described as an “expansive region with many environments”.
New starter Pokemon include a chimp called Grookey, a rabbit called Scorbunny and a water lizard known as Sobble.
Fans can prepare for the new Pokemon adventures by downloading the free Let’s Go Eevee and Let’s Go Pikachu demos from the Nintendo eShop.
The free demo gives players a chance to sample the new capture and battle mechanics.
Players can guide Pikachu or Eevee through the Viridian Forest, where they will encounter rival Trainers and wild Pokemon.
You can check it out for yourself by visiting the Pokemon Let’s Go website.
If you’re new to the series and want to see everything the free demo has to offer, Nintendo has provided Express Online with some exclusive tips to get you started.
Look out for Pokemon of various sizes, which can appear
• A Pokemon with a red aura is large, while a Pokemon with a blue aura is small – these Pokemon give different amounts of EXP than usual!
A second player can join in as a Support Trainer
• If a player shakes a second Joy Con they can join as a support trainer. Work together to catch and battle Pokemon!
Having trouble catching a Pokemon? Try giving them a snack!
• If you select the ‘bag’ option while trying to catch a Pokemon you can find a stash of Razz Berries, feed one to the wild Pokemon to improve your chance of catching it.
Have patience when catching Pokemon.
• When trying to catch a Pokemon try and time your throw when the circle is at its smallest point, this will improve your chances of catching it!
Learn about type advantages to succeed in battle.
• There are many trainers in Viridian forest that want to test your classic Pokemon battling abilities. Experiment with your party and find which attacks are super effective!
Catch ‘em all!
• There are lots of different Pokemon in this demo, see how many you can catch, and try using them in battles! The specific Pokemon may even vary between Pikachu and Eevee versions – take a look!
Take your Pokemon for a walk.
• If you access your party menu you can select a Pokemon and take them out of their ball, they will then follow behind you. Cute!
Play with your partner Pokemon
• If you bring up the menu and tap the large Eevee/Pikachu icon at the top you can play with your partner Pokemon!
Learn more about Pokemon using your Pokedex
• Access the Pokedex from the menu and you can read fun facts about Pokemon’s habits and traits, as well as see how big they can be and if you’ve caught the largest, or smallest, of each species!
Find hidden items via your partner’s tail
• As you move around Veridian forest keep an eye on your partner Pokemon’s tail – if it starts wagging back and forth that means that there’s a hidden item nearby!