Fortnite update 7.40 early patch notes have been revealed ahead of the next major Epic Games release.
Update 7.40 is expected go live following a period of server downtime on the morning of February 12.
And according to an in-game news post, the new patch will introduce the brand new Infantry Rifle.
The Infantry Rifle is said to have a classic design, but with a new combat style.
There’s also rumours of the Driftboard making an appearance, although this would likely have appeared on the in-game news screen.
Epic Games has also posted a list of early update 7.40 patch notes ahead of the big release.
According to the patch notes, planes will no longer be able to smash through structures, while the rocket launcher reload speed has been increased.
You can take a look at the early patch notes below…
Fortnite update 7.40 early patch notes in full…
• Planes will no longer be able to smash through structures
• Zipline interact prompt added, and using a Zipline will grant fall damage immunity
• Hand Cannon structure damage reduced from 150 to 100
• Turbo Build delay decreased from 0.15s to 0.05s
• Rocket Launcher reload time increased from 2.52s to 3.24s
• Added the ability to crouch while in Edit Mode
Epic Games previously confirmed plans to make new Overtime challenges available after the 7.40 update, plus the Cuddle Hearts Wrap.
The Cuddle Hearts Wrap is part of the Share the Love event.
All you’ve got to do is enter a creator code in the support-a-creator section of the in-game store.
You only have until February 22 to use the code and get your Wrap.