New Call of Duty Black Ops 4 patch notes are out right now confirming all the big changes made to multiplayer, Zombies and Blackout Mode.
Black Ops 4 update 1.12 weighs in at around 7GB on Xbox One and PS4 and is available now to download.
As confirmed earlier by Treyarch, the new COD changes will be made to Multiplayer mode, as well as Zombies and Blackout Mode.
For multiplayer, Blackjack’s Gun Game featuring the new KAP 45 auto-pistol and the debut of Hardcore Moshpit are the main highlights.
The dev team has also announced that Classic and loot weapons are now available in the Zombies Mystery Box on all Zombies maps.
This includes the MP 40, Grav, Daemon 3XB, SWAT RFT, and KAP 45. Camo progression will also become available in the Armory for the MP 40 and Grav, with progression and customisation for loot weapons available in the Armory as those weapons are unlocked in the Black Market.
Blackout Mode has seen rebalancing to armour and grenades and is also getting a new mode debuting on PS4 today.
“We’re debuting Ambush today in Blackout on PS4, our newest limited-time mode where players only have sniper rifles, melee attacks, and launchers at their disposal in a circle that never stops collapsing once it starts!” Treyarch confirms.
“Down But Not Out continues its second week on other platforms this week, and will be replaced by Ambush next week.
“Full camo progression is also planned to come to Blackout later this week on PS4, featuring a new mechanic to unlock different weapon camos as you play through Blackout matches.
“We’ll have more info on what to expect as we get closer to adding this feature, which will include a path to unlocking Gold, Diamond, and Dark Matter camos in Blackout.
“Zero’s Outfit Unlock mission is also scheduled to drop into Blackout later this week on PS4, adding a new quest to unlock “The Numbers” outfit for Zero in Multiplayer and Blackout.”
The full patch notes for Call of Duty Black Ops 4 update 1.12 can be found below:
- Blackjack’s Gun Game added as Featured Playlist in MP.
- Hardcore Moshpit, Endurance Chaos Moshpit, Mercenary Capture Moshpit, and Safeguard added to Featured category in MP.
- Tuning adjustments for Armor, Concussion Grenade, and Cluster Grenade in Blackout.
- Classic and loot weapons added to the Mystery Box in Zombies.
- Armory support for classic and loot weapons added in Zombies.
- “Barbarians” Special Event continues on PS4, live today on Xbox One and PC.
- “Ambush” limited-time mode added as Featured Playlist in Blackout (PS4).
- New IX Gauntlet in Zombies: “Veni, Vidi, Zombie!” (PS4).
- Various gameplay improvements and crash fixes across MP, Blackout, and Zombies.
The following updates are live today on PS4 and Xbox One, with PC to follow this week:
- Featured Playlists
- Blackjack’s Gun Game added as Featured Playlist.
- Limited-time free-for-all with new rotating weapon selection, including the KAP 45 full-auto pistol.
- Hardcore Moshpit added to Featured category (first-time addition).
- Endurance Chaos Moshpit, Mercenary Capture Moshpit, and Safeguard added to Featured category.
- Game Modes
- Ghost Perk now properly works against the mode’s auto-UAV sweep.
- Players can no longer spend cash on purchasing max ammo when they currently have max ammo.
- Resolved an issue that could lead to multiple purchases of an item if the player had the Specialist selection menu open during round transition.
- Resolved an issue where the Tempest could gain an extra charge if an enemy was killed by a player-owned Seeker or Scorestreak.
- Resolved an issue where grenade fuses could expire faster while the Ballistic Shield was in use.
- Resolved an issue where the Gravity Slam would not properly trigger if the player landed directly on another player.
- Tracker’s detection icon will no longer display after the player switches to a class without Tracker equipped.
- Acoustic Sensor
- Resolved an issue where Acoustic Sensor could stop working if the player switched their class after spawning.
- Acoustic Sensor
- Crash Landing
- Players should now properly gain progress toward this Challenge each time after earning a Gravity Slam Shutdown medal.
- Crash Landing
- Weapon Customization
- Mastercrafts applied to secondary weapons will now update in real time.
- Resolved an issue where a Gold Camo weapon could display a higher visual state when switched to after a new visual state was reached on a weapon with a Mastercraft applied.
- Resolved an issue where a dropped Diamond Camo weapon could display a higher visual state when picked up by another player.
- Resolved an issue where a teammate’s Gold Camo weapon would have a purple visual state in third-person when killed by an enemy with a Gold Camo weapon.
- Custom Games
- Sweeping and Constant Mini Map custom rules settings now function as intended.
- Team Deathmatch Round Score Limits greater than 500 are now available.
- Grenade Equipment charge will no longer be lost if the player dies during the throwing animation.
- Players can no longer gain XP for killing teammates in Hardcore Search & Destroy and Hardcore Control.
- Closed an exploit that could briefly speed up a player’s movement when rapidly ADSing in and out.
- Removed custom reticles on ABR 223 and Paladin HB50 Mastercraft default optics, due to feedback on the reticles adversely affecting aiming during gameplay.
- Gameplay Tuning
- Level 1 Armor damage protection reduced from 30% to 15%.
- Level 2 Armor damage protection reduced from 40% to 25%.
- Level 3 Armor damage protection reduced from 50% to 35%.
- Removed explosive damage resistance from Level 3 Armor.
- Removed melee weapon damage reduction from Level 3 Armor.
- Increased Armor Plates required to repair a single durability pip of Level 3 Armor from 1 to 2.
- Concussion Grenade
- Reduced status effect duration.
- Reduced area of effect radius.
- Reduced throw distance.
- Reduced opacity of the white flash when initially concussed.
- When concussed, players can now use Equipment, continue holding Equipment, perform melee attacks, and switch weapons.
- Reduced hip-fire spread while concussed.
- Cluster Grenade
- Increased time to detonate after impact.
- Reduced damage of mini-Cluster Grenade explosions.
- Players can now aim down sights immediately after interacting with a door.
- “Longest Shot” on the Scoreboard now properly matches the After Action Report.
- Zombies Ultimis character voiceovers now play as intended.
- Classic and Loot Weapons
- MP 40, Grav, Daemon 3XB, SWAT RFT, and KAP 45 weapons added to the Mystery Box on all maps.
- MP 40 and Grav camo progression now available in the Armory for all players.
- Daemon 3XB, SWAT RFT, and KAP 45 camo progression and customization now available in the Armory once unlocked in the Black Market.
- Resolved a rare crash that could occur when players idled too long in a lobby.
- Resolved a crash that could occur during a 4-player splitscreen session as players were bleeding out.
- Dead of the Night
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the player disconnected while loading into the boss fight.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during the opening cinematic if the user quickly restarted a custom match just after leaving one.
- Resolved an issue where Pack-a-Punch would be unusable for the rest of the match for all other players if a player disconnected while their weapon was still in the Pack-a-Punch machine.
- Resolved multiple pathing issues caused when throwing a Homunculus.
- Resolved inconsistencies in the armor gained between the Hellfire and the Hammer of Valhalla.
- Resolved an issue where, if the player struck an electric Catalyst zombie while disoriented by its electric wave, UI may disappear when being damaged by other zombies.
- Resolved an issue where the player could still have armor after being revived if the player triggered the Special Weapon, then immediately went down.
- Resolved an issue where players received an error when loading into an online Zombies match, which was followed by the match continuing without UI.
- Resolved a rare issue in high rounds where the Hammer of Valhalla’s Lightning Bolt would stop damaging zombies.
- Resolved a rare issue where players were unable to use Perk Up after bleeding out.
- Resolved a rare issue where the Chakram’s Whirlwind attack FX could persist after it was used.
- Blood of the Dead
- Resolved an issue where the Spectral Shield Key attack could persist while using an Elixir.
- Closed an exploit where players could access exploitable areas using the Ragnarok DG-5.
- Dead of the Night
- Limited the maximum damage that can be dealt to the boss by any attack to prevent several exploits.
- Resolved an issue where enemies could fall out of the map on spawn during the Wonder Weapon Crimson Nosferatu event.
- Resolved an issue where the Crimson Nosferatu bite could deal lower than intended damage or no damage to the player.
- Resolved an issue where Nosferatu affected by the Wonder Weapon’s charged shot could still target the player without attacking them.
- Resolved an issue where Alistair’s Folly was not present in the Library and could not be obtained in the Mystery Box before the power was turned on.
- Resolved an issue where, if the player quit a Custom Mutations game that had the setting for all doors to be open, the player could hitch for an extended period of time and encounter an error message.
- Resolved an issue in Custom Mutations where the player could encounter a kill trigger in the Master Bedroom or Trophy Room if they had doors set to open and used Anywhere But Here!
- Resolved an issue where the player could encounter an error message in Custom Mutations with doors set to open and barricades set to off.
- Resolved an issue where Alistair’s Annihilator was slightly misaligned to the left.
- Resolved a visual corruption that could occur when players were damaged by electric traps (Xbox One only).
- Resolved an issue where the camera was not aligned to the player during the teleporter transition if the player was coming from Groom Lake.
- Resolved an issue where Gauntlet mode was not available in Local play, even if connected to the Internet.
- Resolved an issue where the After Action Report in Local play would not show completed rounds.
- Resolved an issue where collectible icons could spawn without glow FX.
- Fixed a progression break that could occur if the player attempted to interact with the Fast Travel before interacting with the Pack-a-Punch pedestal.